One possible solution of a complex wireless protocol including different routing capabilities.
Example of a topology combining different wireless technologies.
We love standards. And we recommend to use them whenever suitable. And we use them as well. That's why we are so fond of Wireless M-Bus (EN 13757), Embedded Internet (embedded TCP/IP, 6LoWPAN), embedded TLS1.2 .... And that's why we are active members of the OMS Group and pushing for utmost interoperability.
But still, there is a good number of cases, where standard solutions do not meet the requirements. Requirements might be very hard real-time, might be extremely low-energy, or extremely scalable.
Fully automated RF-testbed from Ko-TAG project
In this case, we love to identify the optimum approach from the early design of algorithms to their integration into communication protocols. On the way, we know how to efficiently use verification tools, like network simulators, network test beds, and prototypes. With this multi-step design approach, we have already developed or improved various wireless protocols. These solutions include the IEEE 802.11p extension in the Ko-FAS project, but also many others, that remain the IP of our customers.
What we can do for you
- We are experts in the field of wireless and wired communication. We are aware of many solutions, be it simple, optimized or generic technologies.
- Furthermore we maintain close relations to universities and academia.
- Therefore we have an excellent overview on available and upcoming protocols to recommend a solution that really fulfills your requirements, fits your needs, and secures your future.
- First we analyze your situation to gain a deep and common understanding of your needs and targets.
- Based on those results, we collect all mandatory and optional requirements.
- Finally we provide a full featured protocol specification.
- Afterwards, we would recommend to create a test specification.
- As soon as all specifications have been accepted by the customer, implementation starts.
- For details on how we implement a protocol, have a look at our firmware development service we provide.
- Implementation may start on a simulation platform.
- It might include emulator & test bed verification.
- It finally might include integration into your product.